Thursday 2 August 2012

Magnolia Girl 2012 collection







Hello, I have two or three cards ordered so there is going to be a bit of a rush on here in the next week or so!  My first card is for Nic's Mum who has been a star in helping them out when they needed it  Im sure her Mum will be overjoyed with the fact that she hasnt been taken for granted.  Ok on with the card:




Recipe
American crafts black cardstock
Basil pacific blue cardstock
Nit Wit DP papers
Dies, magnolia heart and
Spellbinders circle, memory box large flourish
Heavy cotton white handmade lace
Spiral flowers memory box and cherry lynn
Martha Stewart lace RTP punch
Flowers: Aqua roses Kaisercraft, cherry blossoms from W.O. crafts
pearl pin made by me :-)!

I have painted the image with my new Tim Holtz distress markers from Artful crafts and I love them.  Have heard and read lots of different reviews of these, and being a novice I wasnt sure about getting them.  Anyway bit the bullet, and glad I did, they are way better than I thought, plus you can do lots of things with them other than just painting and colouring.  The smaller of  the aqua flowers was coloured with the marker and then just sprayed with mists of water and wow, flower ready to go,  and matches.
The heart has text which I wrote with the aid of the computer, cut them out and chalked the edges.
Challenges for this week:
Divas by Design challenge 46 Flowers
Wild Orchid Crafts challenge 55 Round in circles.
The Paper Shelter challenge 75 glitz and glamour
Have a great weekend, I will be back really soon as have other cards half made, till then hugs, Denise :-)

 http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/
 http://wildorchidchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/ http://thepapershelter.blogspot.co.nz/

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card...love your colouring...thanks for joining the Divas!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise this is beautifiul I love your style and your flowers are fabulous too well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous, love the colours and gorgeous flowers..thanks for joining us at Divas!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, thanks so much for joining us at Paper shelter this week
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card. I love how she is colored and the design is fabulous. Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter. Good Luck! xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete